Monday, November 30, 2009

Egg tempera

We're a couple of lessons into the egg tempera material. I really like this paint, and am happy to work with it again. Posted below are some shots of making up the paint and then some of our first assignments in progress. In addition to getting acquainted with the paint, we are also working on our brush techniques, working in particular with riggers and trying out different ways of modeling. I'm not really skilled with wider brushes yet (practice, practice!), but using a relatively fine one seems to be working pretty well.
(I like Mir's expression in those two pictures above as she watches Luuk wrangle that yolk! [you can click on them to enlarge the photos])

(The aftermath of mixing!)

(Creating different tone values using two colors)

(A next step: working on another color - all photos above are from 18 November)

('Jet is working on our assignment last week: exploring optical properties of tempera; Luuk's keeping my spot warm for me while I'm taking pics :-). This picture is from 25 November.)

No comments:

Post a Comment