Thursday, November 26, 2009

More miniature work

Here are some pictures taken during the last lesson on miniature painting. I'm not a big fan of miniature painting (yet), but I'm open to that happening at some point in the future. I still have to finish up this exercise, I plan on getting around to it in the next week or so.
I did recently acquire a small batch of vegetable parchment (enough big sheets to bind into a decent-sized book), and my favorite bookbinder has promised to make me a little blank manuscript so I can practice this technique some more on my own. That might be more inspiring than copying this page (from the manuscript of the Hours of Catherine of Cleves) featuring St. Agatha holding her breast in a pair of tongs (ow! poor thing!). We weren't required to be faithful to the copy, so I changed mine, adding strange hieroglyphs instead of gothic text and a sun instead of a boob. Some of my classmates were really inspired by these lessons and did a great job on their pages, I've put some of their work in progress here below (photos are from 11 November). A good number of them have finished this project and their results were really interesting!

(this last one in progress is mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment