Well alrighty then, school's started up again. So this week's lesson was about painting...fur. We're still working with egg tempera. We had a variety of fake fur bits and the manky-looking stuffed squirrel that I've decided to name Hieronymus. A couple of my classmates used him as their model, and I just adore their excellent renderings of his...specialness. Here's a picture of him:
(he is rather cute, in a special way, I think!!!)
It was time to stock up our supplies of pigment dispersions (pastes), so several kind classmates made up some new batches -- the ultramarine was so pretty in the bright January sun, I had to take a picture of it.
After hours of focusing on fur, we let things get a bit blurry at our New Year's cocktail party. Long live the sprezzatura!
Finally, one of my classmates asked that I post all of our studies online, so here they are, with a couple of shots of the fur models/samples in between it all as well...

No comments:
Post a Comment