Saturday, January 9, 2010

Alchemy

I'm doing the research for my writing project. The subject I've chosen is alchemy (surprise!). So far I've found some *very* interesting sources, including Gage's Colour and Culture, Bucklow's The Alchemy of Paint (my fave so far) and Elkins' What Painting Is. Funny, I ran into the last title nearly simultaneously with both my partner and Luuk, who's generously loaned me the copy he just picked up in the UK during winter break.

If anyone has any other suggestions for good reading on this subject, I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. Helas, no suggestions for reading. In the end you make black what white is and white what black is :)
    So good to see this blog and what a cool school you do. So great to learn all these techniques and use your magic on them. Wish you lots of luck and fun in the process. Looks like a nice bunch of classmates to.
    And compliments for what you have achieved so far. Sensitive and strong in balance! Pretty.

    Thanks for the link to my blog. It is way to silent these days. Have to find some more inner peace to concentrate. Will happen one fine day. So for now, I'm decluttering at home. Pre-alchemist process ;)
    Lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments and compliments, dear Elisa! It is great to be learning the techniques, and I do have very nice classmates, they are a good group to be learning with.
    Hope to see some new work at your blog soon. Lots of love for you and your process as well!

    ReplyDelete